We should track what percentage of the codebase is being tested, probably on Travis.
$ coverage-2.7 run --source=pywikibot setup.py test
http://nose.readthedocs.org/en/latest/plugins/cover.html also works (it uses coverage):
$ nosetests --with-coverage --cover-package=pywikibot tests
I've uploaded our current coverage stats to
Coverage data is being sent to https://codecov.io/github/wikimedia/pywikibot for the Travis builds.
Still to do:
- coverage of subprocesses
- Appveyor (win32) builds
- Jenkins/tox integration
- coverage of failed jobs is usually still important data; incidental errors/failures in tests shouldnt cause our coverage percentages to decrease.
- send coverage data to a location where it is accessible (https://github.com/codecov/support/issues/106)
- periodically backup coverage data to a location under wikimedia control, so rough historical progress stats can be rebuilt later if necessary
- Travis coverage data should include generate_* used before the tests.
- Exclude .eggs from coverage data