The Catalan Wikipedia community has been very active using Content Translation (creating more than 500 translations as of April 2015).
As part of a recent initiative they are encouraging users to translate articles from Catalan Wikipedia to other languages, and recommending the use of Content Translation. Unfortunately some users found the languages they wanted to translate to are not available (e.g., Asturian and Dutch). This may discourage some users to try CX in the future.
We may want to enable CX for languages the Catalan community is translating to (or is likely to do so). A proposed list (available Apertium packages we may want to prepare in advance are also indicated):
- Aragonese (an)
- Apertium supports Aragonese ⇆ Spanish
- Asturian (ast)
- Apertium supports Asturian ⇆ Spanish
- Basque (eu)
- Apertium supports Basque → Spanish, and Basque → English
- Dutch (nl)
- Apertium supports Afrikaans ⇆ Dutch
- Galician (gl)
- Apertium supports Galician ⇆ English, Galician ⇆ Spanish, and Galician ⇆ Portuguese
- Occitan (oc)
- Apertium supports Occitan ⇆ Catalan, and Occitan ⇆ Spanish