Let's communicate Technical Collaboration's annual plan programs.
- First, one about How Technical Collaboration is bringing new developers into the Wikimedia movement, since this is the logical successor of the initial request that this old task contained.
- Then, one for Community Collaboration in Product Development.
(This description needs update to cover Technical Collaboration. Also what about a blog post + email to chapters and others).
Would like to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to update people from different chapters what new documentation has been created and what support ECT (and other parts of WMF engineering) have to offer.
Once I start a draft I will link it here for feedback. In the meantime it would be great to hear some ideas (beyond what I already have) about what should be included in that email.
I plan to include:
- New recent event documentation
- An offer to organize and hold Tech Talks from anyone who wants to give one
- Phabricator help (does any chapter want help getting started or getting their volunteers started with Phab?)
I guess @Spage probably has some documentation to add?
Maybe @NiharikaKohli wants to include some information about how chapters can benefit from GSoC or Outreachy?
Anyone else have ideas for services that they or their teams (or teams that they know of) offer but that might not be widely known?