Filed upstream in Phabricator (legacy):
Filed upstream in Phorge:
(No link - and please don't reopen in a such generic way, please report a specific case and somebody in Phorge will surely fix that)
Some things do not show on cursor hover, and some of the popular images (avatars, Phabricator logo, edit menu buttons) do not include the "alt" attribute, and it may be the case (premising we should try to avoid text repetition from screen readers).
Actually, some pictures seem to be added through CSS (as part of background for div, span, and similar tags), which is bad for screen readers and similar software (IIRC).
Things that may deserve an alternative fix / accessibility fix:
- Phabricator logo should have an alternative text
- Comment should probably have an alternative text Or maybe not, since the username is already mentioned in the Comment itself, so it would just be repeated twice.
- Indication for the interactive elements of notifications (in the top bar)
- The search options dropdown should have a label
- After opening the dropdown with voiceover, we should be able to close it.
- The subtitles in the search options dropdown are skipped
- The icons in front of elements in the dropdown of search are read as text
- The remove button for actions in "Take Action" does not have a label indicating its function
- The same for the x on the label of users and project tags
- The icons in front of tags are read as 'text' and don't have a label
- There is meaning to the color of tags, but this is not communicated (in this case could probably be as simply as pronouncing the color)
- The modal dialogs do not carry a role identifying them as dialogs
- When opening a modal dialog, your focus jumps you straight to the submit button. User has no indication that a dialog has opened.