Currently the mobile site serves images without srcset/retina support.
Question: Do we gain anything by serving lower resolution images using qlow JPEGs ?
There are 4 options
- Serve qlow JPEGs for all and allow opt out
- Serve qlow JPEGS for everyone and via JS enhance the images on scroll.
- Do nothing (maintain status quo)
- Maintain status quo but allow option for user to opt ino qlow image data saving enhancements.
Option 2 in detail:
- if no srcset support we will replace the low res src attribute with data-src-improved