How to experience this bug properly:
- Decide that you need a link to a Flow topic whose horrible URL nobody should ever have to type.
- Copy and paste the link into VisualEditor.
- Decide that nobody should even to have to read that dreadful URL. Maybe it should say something like "VisualEditor/Feedback topic on mediawiki.org". Copy that.
- Select the link (carefully inside the blue boundary box). Paste (must be pasted, not typed!) the desired link label.
- Hmm. That deleted my link.
- Undo to get the unreadable URL back. Select the link (cursor in the middle of the URL) and click the 'Edit' button in the context menu. That's hopeless; there's no 'add a label' option, beause it's the whole horrible URL rather than . Also, there's no way to convert it to , which means that using  as workaround isn't possible.
- Select the horrible URL except for the first and last characters. Maybe I can paste it in the middle, and then backspace over the "h" (from the "https") and the last random character (in this case, "d").
- Nope, that didn't work. That gets two copies of the link, separated by plain text: "h" (with the gibberish link), "VisualEditor/Feedback on mediawiki.org" (plain text), and "d" (with its own copy of the gibberish link).
- Complain at the devs. Perhaps an unfortunate interaction between the new copypaste update and the link tool?
- File this bug.
- Make note to complain at @Quiddity again about how ugly those Flow URLs are. -----