After install MultimediaViewer on a private wiki site, it failed to load images with the following error message:
There seems to be a technical issue. You can retry or report the issue if it persists. Error: could not load image from http://dev.example.com/wiki/img_auth.php/6/69/Denmark.png
And I could see failed to load resource error on Chrome console:
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
- MediaWiki 1.26.2
- MultimediaViewer 0.3.0
Steps to reproduce
- install MediaWiki as private wiki
- set up img_auth.php by following manual Restrict access to uploaded files
- install MultimediaViewer 0.3.0
- visit a category with images
- the media viewer could not load the image with the error message.
- In Firefox, media viewer is working fine.
- In Chrome, media viewer failed to load the images.
MultimediaViewer discussion topic: Does MultimediaViewer work on private wiki