As part of the changes planned for Integrated Filters, we need to move the Legend of abbreviations. At the same time, we can clarify this feature a bit.
Changes to Legend box
- Move the legend to the results area (floating to the right).
- In order to make the best use of space when the legend is expanded, we can show it as a floating element next to the list of results (as opposed to pushing them down). Technically this can be achieved by moving the legend (".mw-changeslist-legend" element) into the list of changes (".mw-changeslist"). You can open the browser console and write the following to see how that would work: > $(".mw-changeslist-legend").prependTo(".mw-changeslist").css("max-width","250px")
- The legend is open by default (as now).
- Once collapsed (or subsequently opened) the Legend box retains the selected state (as now).
- The box gets a new name. Please change from "Legend" to "List of abbreviations."
- The Help link continues to link to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Watchlist#How_to_read_a_watchlist