- Remove the wiki from wikimedia's wiki configuration:
- Remove the wiki from all.dblist and any other dblists it exists in
- Add the wiki to deleted.dblist
- Remove all other references from CommonSettings and InitialiseSettings etc.
- Remove the logo from w/static/images/project-logos
- Delete privacy sensitive data (cu_changes table, rc_ip field of recentchanges)
- Cleanup wiki replica data T181925: Remove als.wik(ibooks|iquote|tionary), mo.wik(ipedia|tionary) views from replicas
- Clean up the centralauth database. If you don't do this, the result is T30393. For small wikis it should be possible to do this manually:
- Run sql centralauth
- SELECT COUNT(*) FROM localnames WHERE ln_wiki='wikidb';
- If this is less than say 20,000:
- DELETE FROM localuser WHERE lu_wiki='wikidb';
- DELETE FROM localnames WHERE ln_wiki='wikidb';
- Likewise, the globalimagelinks table can be cleaned up:
- Run sql commonswiki
- DELETE FROM globalimagelinks WHERE gil_wiki='wikidb';
- Any jobs in the job queue should be deleted via wmfManageJobs.php in WikimediaMaintenance/. This avoids T171371.
|Resolved||demon||T181923 Delete als.wik(ibooks|iquote|tionary), mo.wik(ipedia|tionary)|
|Resolved||bd808||T181925 Remove als.wik(ibooks|iquote|tionary), mo.wik(ipedia|tionary) views from replicas|
|Resolved||MarcoAurelio||T169450 Redirect several wikis|
- Mentioned In
- T229950: Merge or delete grantswiki
T203899: Undeploy EUCopyright related extensions and delete fixcopyrightwiki
T184433: Deletion of als and mo wikis causes halting errors in https://tools.wmflabs.org/meta/userpages
T169450: Redirect several wikis
- Mentioned Here
- T181925: Remove als.wik(ibooks|iquote|tionary), mo.wik(ipedia|tionary) views from replicas
T30393: Non-existent wikis in globaluserinfo API
T171371: Investigate 30x increase in Jobrunner errors
T169450: Redirect several wikis
The URIs are redirected, the cleanup didn't happen yet. This is a weird state for the wikis, which should not last until the next year. This should be resolved within this week because of the deployment freeze next week.
@greg: I've just discussed with Željko how to best proceed with this task. Decision was that we'd better not do it in SWAT and get an deployment window for it instead. He suggested that you, Antoine or Chad might be confident about proceeding with the deletion. Could you help us to identify
- when to deploy it and
- whom to beg to do it for us?
It's weird if these Wikis redirect but aren't deleted (there's a reason the deleting process involves messing with centralauth, globalimages, jobqueue and alike things). It'd be really nice if we could sort that out before the weekend. If that's not possible we'll just have to hope that this doesn't break anything until we can finally do it in january.
I had asked greg on irc (http://wm-bot.wmflabs.org/logs/%23wikimedia-releng/20171218.txt):
[22:07:09] <eddiegp> greg-g: Any specific date/time for the window or just "ping Chad and do it whenever he has time"? :) [22:08:03] <greg-g> eddiegp: that's how he works best, I've found :P [22:08:34] <eddiegp> greg-g: Fine with me ;)
Sorry for not mentioning that on the task, I'm going to ping chad on irc and see when he has time.
Is there anything else that needs to be done before that? And after? Thanks.
Nothing before, as far as I can see. Afterwards, the steps outlined in https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Delete_a_wiki
There's one additional thing I've been thinking about: In the patch attached to this task, we did not remove these wikis from interwiki.php, as it says to have been automatically generated by dumpInterwiki.php. I guess we should run said script afterwards(?) and get the new interwiki.php back into the repo + deployed. I only have a vague idea of what this file does or where it is generated/how it is usually deployed though, so maybe the order differs or I'm completely wrong about that.
And after we're done, we should probably see where we differed from the documentation page mentioned above and update it.