We need a way to test MCR code before we merge it into core. Even if the patches we merge are not supposed to change behavior, we need a way to make sure that they really don't.
To this end, we need a MediaWiki instance on the WM cloud. It should:
- run latest production branch of MediaWiki
- have the essential extensions enabled (of not all)
- pull in the latest version of a list of patches to try out, either automatically, or via a very simple trigger
Initially, the wiki is intended for manual testing and showcasing. However, it would be quite useful if we could also run selenium tests against it.
While initially this is intended to test that the new code doesn't change any behavior, the same instance sh-ould later be used to test the MIGRATION_WRITE_BOTH mode, and finally the MIGRATION_NEW mode.
Project: mcr-dev project
- mcr-base.wmflabs.org (box: mcr-base.mcr-dev.eqiad.wmflabs) - plain Labs-Vagrant MediaWiki
- mcr-full.wmflabs.org (box: mcr-full.mcr-dev.eqiad.wmflabs) - wiki with lots of extensions (roles: abusefilter, antispam, babel, cite, codeeditor, confirmedit, echo, eventlogging, flow, geodata, globalcssjs, globalusage, hhvm, mobilefrontend, newusermessage, templatesandbox, translate, visualeditor, warnings_as_errors, wikieditor, wikilove)
- mcr-sdc.wmflabs.org (box: mcr-sdc.mcr-dev.eqiad.wmflabs) - SDC-like testing environment