The goal of this task is to gather the most frequently asked questions and challenges experienced by new editors, from the perspective of people who mentor new editors on their path to becoming experienced editors (on help desks, talk pages, editathons...)
This task will be complete when the following are done:
- ask mentors these three questions, and receive answers:
- What are the most frequent questions new editors ask?
- What are the most frequent challenges new editors face?
- How do new editors get answers to their questions and how are they able to address the challenges they face?
- translate content into English as necessary
- Deliver the translated answers to the three questions in list form.
This work will be used to inform, along with other research, the tactical implementation of work the Growth team will do toward retaining more new editors in mid sized Wikipedias.