|Open||ppelberg||T209955 [EPIC: Focus] Isolate Section Editing|
|Declined||None||T221327 [Epic] Produce Section Editing + Loading Overlay Report|
|Duplicate||nshahquinn-wmf||T211239 Analyze impact of section editing in the mobile visual editor|
|Resolved||nshahquinn-wmf||T209983 Make analysis plan for mobile visual section editing experiment|
Draft Research Questions
Research questions are by definition the higher level questions we want answered.
- Does the presence of section editing allow users to focus and complete their edits?
- Does the presence of section editing lead to more published edits?
- Does the presence of section editing increase editor retention?
- Does the presence of section editing improve the number of edits an individual makes?
- Does the presence of section editing make it more likely that an individual will use a mobile device instead of a desktop computer?
- Does the presence of section editing improve the baseline editing metrics in primarily-mobile markets?
- Does the presence of section editing affect the baseline editing metrics on mature or less developed wikis differently?
- Does the presence of section editing improve the quality of edits?
- Does the presence of section editing improve the user experience?
Measurement Plan – Section Editing
A draft of our measurement plan is linked here.
As the document is currently written, it is intended to accurately and exhaustively articulate:
- The data we will need to gather
- The ways in which we will gather this data
- The ways in which we will access and interface with this data
...in order to answer the Section Editing's Research Questions.
This was open since we were planning to develop a hierarchical logistic model for a more powerful analysis, but we've since dropped that idea (at least for the current quarter) because of my limited capacity.