By default the AMC Article/Talk tabs are appearing on the Main page. While not technically a Special page, currently the main page serves as a distinct landing page experience, and is therefore treated somewhat differently from other article pages. For example, the main page does not have the article toolbar that other article pages do (with the language switcher, edit icon, etc). Following from this precedent, and assuming the need to visit the Talk page of the main page isn't significant, it makes sense to remove the AMC Article/Talk tabs from Main page.
@Jdlrobson mentioned being able to fix the extra-large gap between the greeting and the main page content in the process of doing this task. If we are able to address that, here is a corrected version for reference:
Test on reading web staging
- Verify that talk tabs are showing with AMC enabled on article pages e.g. Singapore
- Verify that talk tabs are showing with AMC enabled on talk pages e.g. Talk:Singapore
- Verify that talk tabs are not showing with AMC enabled on Main page
- Verify that talk tabs are not showing with AMC enabled on talk page of Main page (link)
- Verify that talk tabs are not showing with AMC disabled on Main page