Currently, to configure the notifications mute lists, users must go to Special:Preferences and add the username manually. A more standard user experience would be to add a way to mute the user directly from the unwanted notification itself.
Echo already has an ellipsis menu that allows for advanced options:
|From any page||On Special:Notifications|
- For notifications that are triggered from one user to another (see list below) add an item to the ellipsis menu
- Icon TBD
- Label: Mute notifications from USERNAME
- On click, it should add that username to the logged-in user's Mute List.
- A success message should appear: "USERNAME has been muted. Visit preferences to update."
- If the user is already on the mute list, a message should appear "USERNAME is already muted"
Also note: T181364: Hide old notifications once the user has been added to the personal block list may need to be fixed with this task.
Types of notifications
- Structured Discussions
- This list should be compared to the Notification Mute code