Sadok was testing our payments form and made this discovery, which I've confirmed; + a comment from Peter earlier today indicates that it's more widely known! But to get everyone on the same page:
- Open payments wiki w/ Ingenico as the processor
- Enter the required Billing info and select a card type. Then the fun starts
- Your card type is identified after you begin entering your credit card #
- If you enter a string of test #s (ex. 3333) an inline error message tells you the card doesn't validate
- Most weird: You're able to submit a donation using a card type that doesn't match your initial card selection (for ex., I choose American Express but check out via my Mastercard)
So: is specific card selection still required with the new iframe? Or could we remove that step?
We need the user to take some action on this page to submit their data and load the iframe. Maybe we could swap those buttons for a "continue" button?