The objectives of v2 of the refreshed toolbar are to:
- Help contributors feel confident in the changes they have made
- Help contributors find the editing tool(s) they need to make a change
- Make the edit flow feel more "knowable" and "fluid"
To help meet the objectives listed above we will make the following changes:
- Evaluate the mobile dialog transitions: T224277 / T226951
- Make it more clear to contributors when they are in "edit mode"
- Show the visual diff – in its own step – by default
When I am ready to publish my edit(s)
...I want to know I am making the changes I intended to make
...so that I can feel confident publishing my changes
When I notice an edit I want to make
...I want to be able to find the editing tools I need
...so that I can make that edit