A backport to REL1_31 for CentralAuth failed on CI due to CodeSniffer being incompatible with php7.3. https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/extensions/CentralAuth/+/496331/
The branch has "mediawiki/mediawiki-codesniffer": "17.0.0" which is not 7.3 compatible. It is a known issue fixed several time, for those tasks that got filled with PHP 7.3 support:
- T208253: [Wikibase] Update wikibase/wikibase-codesniffer to ^0.5.0/0.5.1
- T207250: Backport codesniffer update to 19.x for PHP 7.3 compatibility
- T232473: PHP CodeSniffer on mediawiki/tools/release warns when running with php 7.3
- T208234: MediaWiki codesniffer fails on php7.3: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught PHP_CodeSniffer\Exceptions\RuntimeException: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break".
- T227882: 'continue' statement PHP 7.3 backward incompatibility
Should we go through all extensions and bump PHP CodeSniffer? Or alternatively do we have a way to magically make old versions php7.3 aware?