Following T235414, Mediawiki core Watchlist for AMC users has been deployed. The assumption was that people wanted the filter functionality and the ability to navigate directly to user pages, talk pages, etc. via the additional links. Thus far four editors have criticized this watchlist page (see discussions here and here). The issues that have been identified are:
- Hyperlinks are small and it is hard to to click the correct link without zooming the screen, sometimes resulting in accidental clicks
- The page loads slowly
- The filters at the top of the page take up a lot of space and require extra scrolling to get past
- The rollback button is too prominent given its low usage
Given this feedback it would be good to know:
- has the rate of people turning Advanced mode off gone up since we released the updated Watchlist page?
- are people using the filters on watchlist?
- are people clicking on links other than “diff”?
- We can make this depended on AMC (editors would get to choose whether or not enable the new style of watchlist after they enable AMC)
- Or we can make it independent. Any logged-in users would be able to use the new style if they enable the new setting.
- Or we can just refine it's design. Make the links big enough to make it easier to click them. And do other refinements.
We will need to refine it's design more. At this point, I think the best course of action would be to make the new watchlist opt-in as there are some people who prefers the old watchlist. I'll assign this task to the product owner for review.