Before proceeding to add a new magic word, let's list steps and work needed to add it here.
This will serve both as 1) documentation of adding a Wikidata/Wikibase-specific magic word, and 2) data to use to evaluate if we actually are willing to implement the magic-word-based approach.
- List of required changes to Wikibase code base that would be needed to be made in order to add a magic word
- There are already existing Wikibase-related magic words that could be looked into as inspiration/help: noexternallanglinks and wbreponame
- noexternallanglinks is the magic word that affects the page it is used on. In the case here, the situation would be different: the magic word is intended to affect the Special:UnconnctedPages. In other words a question to find an answer during the investigation is:
- would the special page logic need to parse the wikitext of every single page in order to figure out which pages to lists? (that would not be deserved performance-wise).
- Are there alternatives/features that could be used here (e.g. page props?) ?