We want to know how users interact with the banners and how many impressions users have seen before interacting with the banner. We can use Schema:WMDEBannerInteractions to do that, but need to extend it to also be able to log banner impressions.
The schema has been used previously, but never logged data in the respective Hive table. We need to find the reason and fix that.
- Banner trigger EventLogging for the following cases:
- Banner impressions using the newly added banner action banner-seen
- Banner clicks
- Banner close button clicks
- The user ID is added to the event schema.
- The banner name takes the device type into account (mobile, desktop, ipad)
- The banner name also contains a suffix that can be used to distinguish between banner 1 and 2
- The changed schema revision is deployed during a SWAT deployment.