- When the user arrives on the page, there is a banner at the top of the page, above the homepage header.
- The banner is dismissable with an "X". It is present until it is dismissed and then never comes back.
- Header: "Welcome to your homepage"
- Body: "You can learn to edit, contact your mentor, and see the impact of your work."
- After the user dismisses it, they should never see it again.
This is related to T258009: Variant C/D: welcome popup on desktop and T258010: Variant C/D: welcome peek drawer on mobile, and we may wish to use the same hidden preference for dismissing those popups and this banner.
- The desktop and mobile mockups differ in how the header is presented: on desktop, it's visually separate from the body; on desktop, it's not. Is this deliberate? What is the rationale for this difference?