This is a task for making volunteers at the Arabic, Czech and Hungarian Wikipedias aware when and how the Reply Tool will be made available by default to all editors their wikis
This section contains the information we would like to communicate to volunteers at the Phase 1 wikis:
- What is being changed?
- Who will be affected by this change? How exactly will they be affected?
- What can I do if I don't like this change?
- When will this change happen?
- Why is this change being made?
- What can I do if notice something unexpected?
- Where can I learn more about this feature and its development?
- Special cases
- People who turned the DiscussionTools Beta Feature on and then turned it back off, will see [ reply ] links on discussion pages once this deployment happens. To turn the tool off, these people will need to go to the new (regular) Special:Preferences (T259943) and turn it off again. Ordinarily, we'd make it so the software would carry this preference over, but a bug in how user preferences are stored (T260867) is preventing us from having the software behave in this way, for now.
|Wiki||Link to announcement|
Exact date is TBD; we are targeting the deployment to happen the week of 14-Sep-2020 or 21-Sep-2020
- Messages containing the "Announcement components" above are posted at ar.wiki, cs.wiki and hu.wiki
- Links to the messages posted at ar.wiki, cs.wiki and hu.wiki are linked in the "Announcements" section above