Aug 8 2019
Aug 7 2019
Working on this document.
Aug 5 2019
Thanks @Cntlsn my design is just a rough suggestion, fully of design errors. But I hope you understand my point of view.
Aug 2 2019
Thanks, everything is working fine.
Jul 30 2019
It is working fine now, thanks.
Jul 29 2019
How to test this translation ?
Thanks @Catrope I will make some changes right now on TWN, and see if it works.
- The examples are correct except for the last ligne on the second image, but I think it was fixed since >>
- I did a deep review for gender translations last Friday, checked the results this morning (Monday) on betalabs arwiki and they look correct. Waiting for next train to see the results on arwiki .
@kostajh done. Thanks for the tip, that's really cool and helpful for me (sorry, I am just a civil engineer :) ). I tried with some Mentors IDs and the Homepage looks fine!
Jul 28 2019
@kostajh Great, thanks for your help! Do you still need to add back the old mentor description text?
Jul 26 2019
@Etonkovidova Yes, this is the mentor description (mine), not the default text.
Jul 25 2019
@kostajh nothing changed (from a purged cache navigator)
The default description is displayed, see Task T228991
Jul 24 2019
Jul 23 2019
Please can any one correct a typo on the label (ID: ''newarticle'') from: انشاء مقالة جديدة to the correct one: إنشاء مقالة جديدة
Jul 22 2019
Jul 18 2019
Desktop version, for the new account created:
Mobile - Homepage, after clicking on the "Start here" the text is not displayed correctly as you see. There is a gap between the description and the clickable button.
@Cntlsn that's really weird! The icon shouldn't be mirrored even for RTL search, but it's correct to put it in the end of the search line. Something more, I found that if you change in your preferences the default language to Arabic and visit any Wiki you will have the same icon mirrored in the search bar:
Jul 16 2019
Jul 15 2019
Arabic Wikipedia community informed by the deployment.
Yes, the IDs sound good for me. Thanks.
Note that the first link (contents) is the same as the link to the main help page, and so this page will be linked to twice from the help panel (once from the first link in the bullet list, once from the link right below the bullet list). Is that desired/expected?
Yes it's expected.
When were the updates to the translations made? They probably did not make it into wmf.13 and so won't be in production until Thursday when wmf.14 is deployed.
Okay, it was on July 10th.
Testing both desktop and mobile with 4 new accounts.
Getting the survey for 2 of them.
I noticed that I got the older version of the translation for the survey not the updated one. It was working fine on beta wiki.
Jul 12 2019
In the last paragraph, the email address of Benoît should be in the end not in the beginning of the sentence. If not possible, it would be better to show it in a separate line.
Jul 10 2019
- Desktop: (Privacy box) The link for "New User Welcome Survey Privacy Statement" goes to the English page. I think, we have an Arabic translation of it. (Did it here > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Dyolf77_(WMF)/بيان_خصوصية_المستخدم_الجديد )
@MMiller_WMF no problem with these modifications. That's perfect, I already informed the community about possible slight changes.
Jul 9 2019
- Define a date for the deployment with @Dyolf77_WMF
Jun 29 2019
Jun 28 2019
@kostajh If it could help, I created this SVG:
Can we activate the Flow on the help desk in beta?
Some feedback for the Help panel:
- While testing the help panel on beta, I see . Is it possible to move the question mark to the end of the sentence (to the left)?
- The translation I made for the interface was out of its context, now in the help panel I understand some ambiguous words, so I did a review of the translation on translatewiki.net. Is it possible to update the tool with the new translations?
Jun 27 2019
It seems that the مساعدة:مقدمة_عن_الوصلات page contains a redirect to مساعدة:مقدمة_عن_الوصلات/1
Also, concerning the help panel, we need to have the labels that would be displayed to users.
See the description
Jun 22 2019
Jun 20 2019
Confirmed with @alanajjar , Namespaces in Arabic Wikipedia should be 0, 1, 6, 7. No additional namespaces.