As a Wikisource user, I want the bug in which Parsoid errors are displayed in ebooks to be fixed, so that readers can have a smooth ebook experience and not feel discouraged or confused by unwanted text.
What is the problem?
Error messages in Parsoid's HTML currently get included in ebooks.
I don't think we can do anything about these errors, but could they not be removed when we are parsing Parsoid output?
Steps to reproduce problem
- Go to the last page of content (page 117 for me)
Observed behavior: You will see the error Cite error: <ref> tags exist for a group named "errata", but no corresponding <references group="errata"/> tag was found
- Investigate bug in in which Parsoid errors display in ebooks and:
- Try to determine the cause of the issue
- Share findings in comment in this ticket
- If possible, issue fix or suggest next steps based on findings
Screenshots (if applicable):
Error as it appears in Parsoid (https://en.wikisource.org/api/rest_v1/page/html/The_City_of_Dreadful_Night_and_other_poems%2FThe_City_of_Dreadful_Night):
Same error as it appears in the epub: