Steps to reproduce
- In an incognito window, go to your user's talk page on beta (e.g. https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/User_talk:Nray_beta)
- Click the "New section" tab.
- Write "Hello" for the "Subject/headline" field. Write Hello [[User:Nray_beta]] ~~~~ for the body making sure to replace Nray_beta with your user's username.
- Click Publish changes
- Go to https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org and login with your user.
- You should see the orange alert saying "You have a new Talk page message".
- Click the bell icon to open the alerts popover.
- Click the "Mark all as read" button
- After clicking the "Mark all as read" button, the orange talk alert should disappear
- After clicking the "Mark all as read" button, the orange talk alert remains in place
- Browser version: Chrome Version 91.0.4472.77
- OS version: Big Sur
- Device model: MacBook Pro
- Device language: En
Check any additional observations
- Observed on the beta cluster wiki
- Observed on a production wiki
- Observed on Vector desktop skin
- Observed on MinervaNeue responsive skin
- Observed while logged in
- Observed while not logged in (anonymous)
Echo expects an element with an id of pt-talk-alert. In new Vector (this isn't a problem in legacy Vector), an id of ca-talk-alert gets assigned instead:
To fix this, we can explicitly set an id of pt-talk-alert in Echo:
QA Results - Beta
QA Results - Prod