Goal/rationale: This task discusses a way for mentors to quit mentoring. 'As a mentor, I want to leave my mentoring role and stop receiving messages from my mentees'.
Main audience: Experienced editors who signed up to mentor on their wikis mentor list.
In the parent task T280307, a pop-up widget under the info icon (in the mentor settings module) recommends to follow a link "How to quit mentoring?" for those who are interested in leaving their mentorship role.
The link would lead to a special page that has instructions that guide the mentor to:
- remove themselves off of the mentor list, only if they haven't done so already.
- after that they are able to leave mentorship. If they have mentees then they will be reassigned to other mentors.
- A confirmation message will ensure that they know what happens if they quit such as:
- not having access to the dashboard & information stored on the dashboard
- not receiving messages from their mentees or new newcomers