As the initial entry point for Section Translation is implemented (T286645) and instrumented (T290428), we want to carefully check that we get the correct data. This is quite important since we want to make decisions based on reliable data.
In particular, as part of this ticket we want to:
- @EChukwukere-WMF to check how the event is firing. The event console should show the event when users select the option to start a translation for a missing language (for all options provided either as language names or the "..." button). Steps (DRAFT):
- Go to the mobile Wikipedia page (such as Plants in Space)
- Use language switcher to search for a language where content is missing and section translation is available such as Bengali
- Click invite to translate to a different language
- @MNeisler to check the aggregate data. Making sure data arrives, and the available data is complete.
- Other aspects that data analyst or QA engineers consider relevant.
Documenting the results of the process will be helpful to reassure in the future that the data was correct when we tested it.