T273473 introduces an evolved version of the table of contents that will initially appear within the main namespace.
T294784 seeks to define how this new "incarnation" of the table contents could function in the talk namespace.
This task involves the work with deciding whether the Editing Team will prioritize introducing the table of content within the talk namespace as part of the work they are doing in T249579 to make it easier for people to:
- Recognize talk pages as space to communicate with other people
- Identify and understand the conversations happening on talk pages
- Know what to do to participate on talk pages
- Will the Editing Team prioritize work on introducing the evolved version of the table of contents page as part of the Usability Improvements phase of the Talk Pages Project (T249579)?
- Yes. See T299246#7770645.
To experiment with the "evolved" table of contents the Web Team is developing in the talk namespace, do the following:
- Go the Chrome Store and install Wikipedia Prototypes browser extension
- Visit a talk page that contains ongoing discussions (e.g. ja:Coffee)
- Ensure the sidebar is collapsed
- ✅ Notice the table of contents appears:
- Answers to all ===Open Question(s) are documented
- All tickets are filed for the work that is required to introduce the new ToC on talk pages. See T299246#7770645 for proposed scope and sequence of work.