As a new user who registers on Vietnamese Wikipedia, I want to complete the Welcome survey, because this survey is part of how Growth features can be further personalized to address my specific interests
As a product manager, I want the Welcome survey to be part of the "core Growth feature set" that is available on all wikis that have Growth tools, because this data is helpful in understanding each community, and because I want to the Growth team be able to further personalize onboarding based on newcomer interests.
As part of T206365: [EPIC] Growth: Welcome survey the Growth team released the Welcome survey to ALL Wikipedias with Growth tools.
However, there was a concern over the high abandonment rate on Vietnamese wikipedia, so we rolled back. After some initial investigations T216668: Welcome survey: investigate Vietnamese abandonment rate we see:
- Indications that our experiment ran during a time with high registration counts on viwik and these might have been artificially inflated. https://stats.wikimedia.org/#/vi.wikipedia.org/contributing/new-registered-users/full|bar|2-year|~total|monthly
- Secondly, while we found differences in abandonment, we did not find differences in activation.
- Lastly, the Welcome survey has since been deployed to every Wikipedia without any suggestions that we should be concerned
- CRS communicates with viwiki about change and ensures there aren't any objections to this change
- Engineers enable the Welcome survey at viwiki on January 30.
- CRS updates documentation: Welcome survey current status updated & Deployment table update
- PM provides CRS with viwiki welcome survey data after one month (starting March 1)
CRS shares initial welcome survey results with viwiki community: T331566