- As a user I need to be able to securely share my email address with the responder so that they can follow-up with me privately.
- As a responder I need to be able to contact the reporting user privately so that I can follow-up on their report.
- For convenience, email contains a link to contact reporting user via the Special:EmailUser
- There is no email field in the form
Steps to verify
- Use MediaWiki-Docker
- Follow steps on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki-Docker/Configuration_recipes/Mail_handling to setup a mail server
- Rebuild the docker containers to apply the changes to the docker override file (docker compose down and then docker compose up -d)
- Install the ReportIncident extension
- Add the following to your LocalSettings.php:
$wgReportIncidentRecipientEmails = [ 'email@example.com' ]; $wgReportIncidentEmailFromAddress = 'test@localhost';
- Go to a user talk page
- Click on the "Report" button
- Click through the first window of the report form
Expected behaviour for the second acceptance criteria: There should be no email field in the form
- Fill out the form with test data
- Submit the form
- Load http://localhost:8025/
Expected behaviour for the first acceptance criteria: The latest email in that inbox should have a link to Special:EmailUser at the bottom of the email body.