MediaWiki:Logentry-move-move ("$1 moved page $3 to $4") has subject in the message as "$1", and it generates a message like "Penn Station moved page AAA to BBB" CONSISTENTLY in BOTH log and page history (summary). There is no problem when translating it into Japanese like "Penn Station がページ「AAA」を「BBB」にに移動しました".
However, the following are used DIFFERENTLY between log and page history.
- MediaWiki:Protectedarticle ("protected "[[$1]]"")
- MediaWiki:Unprotectedarticle ("removed protection from "[[$1]]"")
- MediaWiki:Modifiedarticleprotection ("changed protection level for "[[$1]]"")
- "Penn Station protected "[[AAA]]"" in protection log
- "protected "[[AAA]]"" in page history (summary) --- No subject!
This is inconsistent with MediaWiki:Logentry-move-move and causes the following problem in Japanese messages.
When I translated MediaWiki:Protectedarticle into Japanese - i.e.
created MediaWiki:Protectedarticle/ja with "が「[[$1]]」を保護しました",
it generates the following messages:
- "Penn Station が「[[$1]]」を保護しました" in protection log --- OK
- "が「[[$1]]」を保護しました" in page history (summary) --- Strange message
The fist one in protection log is OK, but the second one in page history is strange because of lacking subject such as "Penn Station".
Japanese statements do not start with "が", but needs subject prior to "が".
Is it possible to put subject into page history like log?
I think that there is originally an inconsistency between move and protect in page history even in English.