Page MenuHomePhabricator

[Task] UI messages in repo, JS is in lib
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

We moved most of the JS to lib so that the client may be able to use some components and stuff.

However, the messages are still defined in the repo so we can't re-use stuff in the client yet.

Details

Reference
bz43855

Event Timeline

bzimport raised the priority of this task from to Low.Nov 22 2014, 1:35 AM
bzimport set Reference to bz43855.
bzimport added a subscriber: Unknown Object (MLST).
aude created this task.Jan 11 2013, 11:38 AM

Is this still the case?

hoo added a comment.Feb 13 2014, 1:16 AM

(In reply to Lydia Pintscher from comment #1)

Is this still the case?

Yes... back when implementing linkItem (which was probably why Katie filed this bug) I moved everything I needed to lib, but kept the rest in repo... whenever we add more JavaScript functionality to client this will probably come up again.

Lydia_Pintscher removed a subscriber: Unknown Object (MLST).
Lydia_Pintscher removed a subscriber: Unknown Object (MLST).

Could be cleaned up together with T75020.

JanZerebecki renamed this task from UI messages in repo, JS is in lib to [Task] UI messages in repo, JS is in lib.Sep 10 2015, 3:32 PM
JanZerebecki updated the task description. (Show Details)
JanZerebecki added a project: Technical-Debt.
JanZerebecki set Security to None.
JanZerebecki removed a subscriber: Wikidata-bugs.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptSep 10 2015, 3:32 PM

The messages are still in repo, while used in view.

Addshore closed this task as Resolved.Jul 12 2018, 3:18 PM
Addshore claimed this task.
Addshore added a subscriber: Addshore.

Looking at our code now it looks like this is fixed in most places,

back in the day https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-extensions-Wikibase/tree/ed156d83da786bc994d661d5fdd1d5aa33bf0be3/view didnt have any i18n messages
Now the view code is included as a submodule https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-extensions-Wikibase/tree/2454496a7210a34b57bf06679efcffc957808a34/view/lib and has it own i18n dir updated from translatewiki https://github.com/wikimedia/data-values-value-view/tree/a1a0c7f16c93b3b1218d8d91015f5b26ca64e750

Any other cases found should be fixed individually, might be cool to have some linting to stop evilness like this again in the future, but that might be hard to implement

Restricted Application added a project: User-Addshore. · View Herald TranscriptJul 12 2018, 3:18 PM