MediaWiki UX designers are working on a revised and expanded Agora design spec, temporarily at https://www.dropbox.com/s/wa9uayq9j09agyh/Agora%20specs.pdf
The Flow extension implements part of this (e.g. buttons with a bottom bevel and a blue bar for the focus indicator) but it is currently in a CSS override local to the extension
We need to update the core mediawiki.ui CSS module to this new design.
Currently its CSS is generated from Compass/sass files, we should convert it to LESS ( https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/LESS ).
There are related efforts that should remain outside the scope of this bug:
- Apply the Agora mw-ui- styles to more buttons and forms in MediaWiki core (gerrit 52169, gerrit 65346), and in extensions.
- Update MobileFrontend's CSS to new Agora spec. Mobile uses simpler CSS rules generated from LESS files.
- Implement support for LESS pre-processor in ResourceLoader (bug 40964).
- Develop more modular CSS generated from the same LESS files for both mobile and desktop.
- Typography and left-hand nav changes in Vector skin (gerrit 79948)
You can provide feedback on the new design on https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/design .