I accidentally renamed Liangent to Liangent~zhwiki just now but I have reverted this rename. I actually wanted to reject the rename ticket but pressed the wrong button. There was a period when the names of his user page subpages and talk page were not reverted. He reverted the moves but later, the global rename script caused the revisions of his user page and the subpages to be lost. I request to retrieve the revisions from the database and restore his user page and subpages to what they were before.
|Open||None||T97536 GlobalRename is moving over existing pages, causing revisions to go missing (tracking)|
|Open||None||T95408 Liangent's user page and user subpages on zhwiki|
- Mentioned In
- T89051: History get lost during global renames if the original page contains a redirect
T97254: User page disappeared after renaming
- Mentioned Here
- T97536: GlobalRename is moving over existing pages, causing revisions to go missing (tracking)
T89051: History get lost during global renames if the original page contains a redirect
Quite sad we would need this. But if there is no other way to prevent users from clicking wrong buttons/get users to do such actions only with caution and on appropriate devices, I agree this is probably a necessary step.
I got something, in total we have lost 61 pages:
- all move action to blame https://quarry.wmcloud.org/query/64337
- all affected (gone) page IDs https://quarry.wmcloud.org/query/64341
- revision info of the root page https://quarry.wmcloud.org/query/64326
- revision info of all pages https://quarry.wmcloud.org/query/64339
Seems all are recoverable. since there are several instances tracked in T97536, maybe it's worth writing a maintenance script to correct them.