We want to keep the data quality high and expose more people (readers!) to issues so they can help fix them. In order to do that we need to expose the constraints violations and mismatches with 3rd party databases right next to the statement that is problematic.
In a first version we will do on-demand checking only. For this we need:
- an general API to get violations (local constraint violations, violations against 3rd party databases and potentially more in the future): T110039: [Story] Unified API and SpecialPage for internal and external constraint violations
- an entry in the top tab bar to initiate a check: T118273: [Task] add a tab to the top tab bar to initiate quality check
- have an area to put icons next to values. This should be an area where others can also add additional icons. We need to figure out the best place and behavior for editing. Experiment!: T95403: [Task] Investigation: Find a good place where to put icons for violation indication
- show an icon in the indicator area: T118274: [Story] Show the quality indicators
- removing of the icon after the statement is saved: T118275: [Task] Remove the quality indicator icon after saving a statement