I recently wrote the ParserMigration extension, which is an EditPage subclass which shows a side-by-side preview of edited article HTML in two different parser configurations, initially: tidied with tidy, and tidied with Html5Depurate.
Deployment of this extension will serve as a pilot for deployment of the Html5Depurate service. I am including deployment of the service under this tracking task.
- Write puppet module and role
- Create labs instance for Html5Depurate in deployment-prep project
- Add extension submodule and configuration to MW core, deploy to deployment-prep
- Provision servers in eqiad and codfw for production deployment of the service (or use sca/scb as suggested by Antoine?)
- Write pybal configuration and provision service IP
- Test the monitoring provided by the puppet role, and add monitoring for the service IP
- Enable MW extension in production
Please advise on any other necessary subtasks. In particular, is a security review needed? Is any approval needed before I deploy to deployment-prep?