MediaWiki continuous integration now runs Phan.
Phan is a static code analyser for PHP.
Phan highlighted a lot of issues.
Until those issues are fixed in the MediaWiki core code repository, these issues have been temporarily suppressed (so they will not be shown) in the suppress_issue_types array in Phan's config.php file.
- PHP 7+
- php-ast extension
- For others, including Windows and building from source see upstream documentation
You are expected to
- have some basic understanding of PHP
- install Phan locally
- manually remove some issue types from the suppress_issue_types array
- run Phan locally
- check Phan's output
- fix 10-20 of the errors in the output
- submit your patch in Wikimedia Gerrit. Make sure the commit message has the line "Bug: T153252"
If you run into any problems with Phan, please ask on Phan's Discussion page on the wiki (as there will be more people seeing it than on the GCI site.)