Given the simplicity of the Related pages browser tests we will use this example to explore issues with switching from Ruby to Node. Jenkins infrastructure is already setup to do so.
- Rewrite browser tests to Node, removing browser tests from Ruby implementation
- Work out whether LocalSettings.php is applied to the browser test environment when written in Node. If not find an alternative solution as this blocks migrating our tests.
- Upon completing rewrite remove the Selenium job for the Jenkins pipeline and enable the Node job as the default
- Ensure the browser test job against the beta cluster is still running T171847
- Clarify whether both the tests/browser and tests/selenium folder are needed
@zeljkofilipin is available for about 50% of his time to help with the migration to node+selenium. He is available for pairing every day.
Documentation on the new Selenium job can be found at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Selenium/Node.js/mediawiki-core-qunit-selenium-jessie_Jenkins_job