While working on T160238, I propose we split into groups for maximum effectiveness.
This task deals with the Popups extension.
There are 2 scenarios to convert. The popups_settings.feature is unimplemented and should be removed.
- Scenario: Dwelling on a valid link shows a preview # tests/browser/features/previews.feature:8
- Scenario: Abandoning the link hides the preview # tests/browser/features/previews.feature:12
Add the mw-wdio-nodepool experimental builder to the Popups item in integration-config/zuul/layout.yaml, which will make check experimental run the new WebdriverIO-based tests.
- This was done by @zeljkofilipin in rCICFb5b1dc2c580a: Run Selenium tests for Reading Web extension ❤️❤️❤️ It was the mediawiki-core-qunit-selenium-jessie builder apparently…
- Put your new tests in the tests/selenium/, following the example structure in RelatedArticles.
- Remove the settings tests which do not run (see T177310 for more details)
- Rewrite browser tests for the 2 extensions in a new selenium folder
- When tests are passing, switch to new job
- Delete the tests/browser folder
- While working on this, do an audit as originally proposed in T148973 of what we are testing. Remove unnecessary tests and document missing tests. At the end, summarise the browser test for each extension.
Sign off notes
The setup of the daily builds will come afterwards (see T171847). Create a task to do this for the extension (or if you are tech lead make that happen).
See also comments on https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/384041