Our browser tests for MobileFrontend were broken and disabled. This task deals with the cleanup related to restoring them in the MobileFrontend extension.
Following an audit, new guidelines https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Web/QA#What_are_browser_tests_for and discussion of that audit and suggested guidelines it has been proposed that the remaining browser tests are either deleted or reimplemented as phpunit tests, since they do not test behaviour - they test page content.
- Add new job selenium-daily-beta-MobileFrontend
- new job selenium-daily-beta-MobileFrontend should be green and passing
- All tests should run starting from the desktop domain (T130429). This has caused issues historically and should be avoided when rewriting them.
- special_contributions.feature has been rewritten as a PHPUnit test (and associated code refactored)
- special_watchlist.feature and special_watchlist_editors.feature have been rewritten as a Node.js test (https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/extensions/MobileFrontend/+/506592/)
- user_page.feature has been rewritten as a Node.js test
- special_history.feature and special_history_nojs.feature has been rewritten as a PHPUnit test (and associated code refactored)
- special_watchlist_newuser.feature has been rewritten as a PHPUnit test (and associated code refactored) - https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/extensions/MobileFrontend/+/506591/1
- switch_views.feature has been rewritten as a Node.js test
- Disable the Ruby job in integration/config for daily builds and for commits
- While working on this, do an audit as originally proposed in T148973 of what we are testing. Remove unnecessary tests and document missing tests. At the end, summarise the browser test for each extension.
Sign off steps
- Ensure the user_page test has been restored (T221860)
Note: It was skipped indefinitely. The value was not worth the hassle.
- Ensure the Ruby job has been disabled and the tests/browser folder and associated artifacts deleted (https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/extensions/MobileFrontend/+/506427)