When there are no search results in ULS, "No results found" is always shown.
It may show a more specific message in some scenarios. Most notably, in compact language links, it may say something like "This article is not available in the language for which you're searching" (suggestions from Design people for better wording are welcome).
As an idea for a longer term improvement, if a language name is found, but there is no article in that language, it may invite the user to write the article, similarly to Content Translation's entry point. But as a first step, a custom "No results" message will suffice.
Example of messages to show in each case
- Language search API finds one or more matches, and at least one of those is in the list of languages available
- No error message is shown, the matches in the languages available are shown in the results.
- Language search API finds exactly one match, but none of those are in the list of languages available
- Message: "Page not available in <language-name>"
- Language search API finds more than one match, but none of those are in the list of languages available
- Message: "This page is not available in the language you searched for"
- Language search API finds no matches.
- Message: "No results found"