Content Translation allows to create new articles, and the produced content goes through the usual edit filters. As a result, some of these filters may prevent the publication of content or raise some warning.
There are many of these filters since they are created by each community. This mean that most of the time, Content Translation can only show generic messaging. However, knowing the issues that most commonly affect users of Content Translation would allow to provide some extra guidance.
This ticket is aimed to capture that initial investigation, where for the set of most used languages, the filters with most incidences are identified, and their associated issues described. This will be helpful to define how to provide additional guidance and help for those cases.
- T204273: Update the way in which CX logs publish failures (Amir)
- Set up a table with four columns: date, project (enwiki, dewiki, etc.), abuse_filter_name, count. (Amir, but will need some assistance from @JAllemandou and @mforns: In which database will this table live?)
- Make a query that reads the data about the frequency of different AbuseFilters every day from EventLogging, and inserts them into the four-column table. (Amir. The query that gets the info is in T189475#4768779)
- Schedule this query using Report Updater. (Amir, but will need review from @JAllemandou, @mforns or @Milimetric.)
- Set up a Superset dashboard that visualizes this data. (@JAllemandou, @mforns or @Milimetric.)
Dashboard (requires permissions to access): https://superset.wikimedia.org/superset/dashboard/cx-abuse-filter/