Page MenuHomePhabricator

CX2: Measure articles published and translators using version 2 of Content Translation
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

As part on the work on Content Translation version 2 we plan to expose the new version of the tool to more users. In order to get a better understanding on how the tool is being used, it would be good to have an idea of how many articles get translated, and how many users have used the new version of the tool.

Measurement

We want to capture:

  • The number of translations published with CX2 in each month.
  • The number of users that have published a translation in a given month.

Representation

An example representation is shown below, where the number of articles published is represented for each month in one visualisation, and the number of users in another.

Details

Related Gerrit Patches:
analytics/limn-language-data : masterAdd cx2 translators count
analytics/limn-language-data : masterMeasure articles published using CX2

Event Timeline

Restricted Application added a project: ContentTranslation. · View Herald TranscriptJun 5 2018, 8:46 AM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald Transcript
Pginer-WMF triaged this task as Medium priority.Jun 5 2018, 8:46 AM
Pginer-WMF moved this task from Backlog to Priority backlog on the Language-2018-Apr-June board.
Pginer-WMF raised the priority of this task from Medium to High.Jun 13 2018, 9:59 AM

Change 442860 had a related patch set uploaded (by Amire80; owner: Amire80):
[analytics/limn-language-data@master] WIP: Measure articles published using CX2

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/442860

Vvjjkkii renamed this task from CX2: Measure articles published and translators using version 2 of Content Translation to smbaaaaaaa.Jul 1 2018, 1:06 AM
Vvjjkkii removed Amire80 as the assignee of this task.
Vvjjkkii updated the task description. (Show Details)
Vvjjkkii edited subscribers, added: Amire80; removed: gerritbot, Aklapper.
CommunityTechBot renamed this task from smbaaaaaaa to CX2: Measure articles published and translators using version 2 of Content Translation.Jul 2 2018, 6:36 AM
CommunityTechBot assigned this task to Amire80.
CommunityTechBot updated the task description. (Show Details)
CommunityTechBot edited subscribers, added: gerritbot, Aklapper; removed: Amire80.

Change 442860 merged by Milimetric:
[analytics/limn-language-data@master] Measure articles published using CX2

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/442860

Change 459904 had a related patch set uploaded (by Amire80; owner: Amire80):
[analytics/limn-language-data@master] Add cx2 translators count

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/459904

Update:

Change 459904 merged by Milimetric:
[analytics/limn-language-data@master] Add cx2 translators count

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/459904

OK, this is supposed to be done! Both charts can be seen at t https://language-reportcard.wmflabs.org/cx2/ .

I moved this to QA. @Pginer-WMF , please check that it looks right. According to @Milimetric , it's not possible in the current version of Dashiki to do a bar chart as you asked in the original task description. Is the line chart good enough?

I moved this to QA. @Pginer-WMF , please check that it looks right. According to @Milimetric , it's not possible in the current version of Dashiki to do a bar chart as you asked in the original task description. Is the line chart good enough?

Yes the line chart is good enough. I originally proposed bars to emphasise the idea that each data point was specific for each period, and not accumulating. If the system allows it, it would be good to have a short description of the metric represented. This is something that may be obvious when these are just published but may become less obvious when we look to these after some months. I'm thinking on something along these lines:

Articles published with version 2 of Content Translation on the main namespace (or any namespace, whichever is the case) for each week. Some of the resulting articles may have been deleted by the community.

Note that the above paragraph includes clarification on some of the nuances that may help to understand more precisely what we are measuring but feel free to add other clarifications, since you are more familiar with the specific query used.

Thanks for the comment. I updated the description at https://language-reportcard.wmflabs.org/cx2/ . Notice both "Translations" and "Translators" tabs.

Pginer-WMF closed this task as Resolved.Sep 17 2018, 8:26 AM