Currently, publish settings just includes a very minimal menu to select the publishing destination:
As part of the larger effort to provide more detailed publish settings (T133862), the first step is to provide these settings as part of a modal dialog.
- Translation title and destination options will be always in sync:
- Changing the selection in the menu will update the article title.
- Changing the translation title will keep the setting selection consistent.
- The publish destination section will have a help icon ("helpNotice" icon) that will open the corresponding documentation page in a new tab/window.
- Publish destinations will have descriptions.
- The main namespace option will be labelled as "New page" by default, but as "Replace the existing page" if a page with such title already exists in the main namespace.
- The option to publish in the Draft namespace, will be available only for those wikis where the draft namespace is available.
|Default destinations||When page already exists|
Text descriptions used:
New page / Replace the existing page
In the main namespace for everyone to read
Under your user namespace for you to improve
In the draft namespace for the community to review and improve