The current rank icons are very unobtrusive and are all looking very similar. This leads to several problems:
- It's impossible to see at first glance what ranks are set. It's very hard and troublesome to see which values have different ranks if there are a lot of statements. Example: Look at this item and try to find all the versions which have different rank than normal. And these are only 39 values, some items have a few hundred values.
- Most (new) users don't notice the ranks at all. I have dozens of edits of users on my watchlist where users add statements without the correct rank, remove statements instead of setting the rank to deprecated or remove statements already deprecated. I also often get questions why Wikipedia shows the wrong statement.
- This leads to quality problems and extra work (by hand) for other Wikidata-editors
- This leads to missing data (because removed and never reverted)
- This leads to rumors about Wikidata containing wrong data
I use css since a few years to make the rank icons colored:
This works well for me, but we really need a global solution for this. And we need it as soon as possible.
Please redesign the rank icons or do other changes to the UI to defuse the problem.