The annual elections for fawiki's Supervisory Council (akin to the Arbitration Committee) is coming up. As usual, the election will be held via VoteWiki and we will use a preferential voting ballot and the Schulze method for tallying. @Jalexander and team have helped us successfully execute the election in the past few years. To enhance transparency and bookkeeping, starting this year, we will see through the execution of the election exclusively via Phabricator.
Here is a timeline of activities:
- Oct 20 - Oct 26: Nominations (no action needed here)
- Oct 27 - Oct 30: Election setup:
- Importing the list of eligible voters
- Importing the list of candidates
- Configuring the election on VoteWiki
- Change the language of Votewiki to Persian (fa)
- Oct 31 - Nov 13: Voting period (no action needed)
- Nov 14 - Nov 16: Tallying the results
- Change the language of Votewiki back to English (en)
- @revi and @alanajjar (current Stewards) have agreed to serve as the scrutineers, to run necessary checks to remove socks, etc.
- Output is presented in two tables (one that shows the candidates ranked by their support, and the other that shows the head-to-head comparison matrix of votes)