As part of the new redesign we want to integrate the EBSCO Discovery Service search bar. This should be in the site header and accessible from all pages carrying the header.
EDS has a search box generator tool which may be helpful: https://searchbox.ebsco.com/. Ask @Samwalton9 for Customer ID etc. The search box should not send users through a proxy, instead using the 'Referring URL' authentication method, which should already be configured correctly for production. Sam can update this to work for Staging for testing if needed.
- Desktop: https://www.figma.com/file/oaSWwRSb25ZkLKBD8uOXqr/My-Library?node-id=200%3A0
- Mobile: https://www.figma.com/file/oaSWwRSb25ZkLKBD8uOXqr/My-Library?node-id=323%3A839
- The search bar has been added to the site header
- The search bar should resize to allow ‘Review’ and ‘Mark as sent’ links to be present (Frame 78), and to adapt to screen sizes, until the viewport is too small to display them, in which case we should use the mobile view.
- The search bar resizes to fit the mobile header design on smaller viewports, replacing "Search" with a magnifying glass when required.
- The search bar is not shown in the header when the user does not meet the eligibility criteria or is anonymous (so it doesn't show up on publicly viewable pages)
- The search bar initiates a search in the user's profile language where possible (EDS is available in ~30 languages)