Create a new Echo notification type, that gets sent to editors telling them that Wikipedia Library database access is now available to them.:
Send the notification when the editor has hit both benchmarks:
- A 6 month old account
- 500 global edits
Note, this should only be done on Wikipedias that have a Wikipedia Library Card platform translation (T152299).
Proposed Notification Details
- notification name: twl-eligible
- what triggers notification?: user has been registered 6 months and has a min of 500 global edits
- "Notice" or "Alert"?: Notice
- Notification type (standard, bundled, expandable bundle): Standard
- header: Congratulations! You are eligible for Wikipedia Library access.
- body: Apply to get free access to research databases.
- for Bundled Messages: NA
- primary link target: https://wikipedialibrary.wmflabs.org/
- primary link label: View available databases
- #1 secondary link target: The homepage for the user's language group—see list of 22 languages. If user's language doesn't match one of these, default to this page on meta.
- #1 secondary link label: Wikipedia Library
- #2 secondary link target: null
- #2 secondary link label: null
- icon name: Not sure. [[ Icon: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Book_designed_by_Benny_Forsberg_from_the_Noun_Project_-_with_lines.png | Maybe some variation of this ? ]]
This is distinct from T131210: Notify editors that a new Wikipedia Library database is available to them a more complicated task.