Checking for required parameters is done in TemplateDialog but not for citations.
Suggestion to invoke checkRequiredParameters (ve.ui.MWTemplateDialog.prototype.checkRequiredParameters) or something similar when adding citation.
How to reproduce
- In enwiki open VE, in toolbar select Insert => Template => "Cite-web"
- Enter URL (for example: https://www.israelhayom.co.il/article/713227 ) and DONT fill title
- Press Insert and expect "Are you sure you want to continue without filling the "Title" field?"
- in toolbar select Cite and enter the same URL (or URL for which Zotero fail to extract title)
- Expect similar prompt as appeared in 3.