The Coronoavirus Pandemic Wikipedia article is viewed over 1 million times per day just in English. 100s of people are working to keep the article up to date, however, whilst we have all the data, the map software is not providing all the functionality needed to describe the spread of the virus. Currently we are restricted only to static images e.g this.
It would be extremely helpful if the mapping software could be improved to have similar functionality to https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/total-covid-deaths-per-million?year=65
- Stretch the legend so it takes up about 80% of the width of the frame
- Have the legend fixed for the entire range of numbers across all years, rather than having it change for every year.
- Have the year slider occur under the legend. Make the year slider narrow and make the year smaller and occur at each end of the year line.
- When the cursor is put over a country have the country become shaded and put a line around it. diff
- Add a gear to the right lower corner to allow people to select the region of the world that they want (T242550).
- When the user clicks on a country allow a further click to bring the user to a graph of how the numbers for that country have changed over time.
- Merge the caption into the frame to get rid of the frame inside the frame that is currently there. Doing this does not work